March 12, 2020
To our customers and strategic partners:
At HBP, we understand the uncertainty and rapidly changing business climate surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and are committed to being responsive to you as the situation continues to evolve. Our staff and extensive resources are available to you and will continue to provide flexible scheduling to adapt and support any changing needs you may have. In order to maintain our operational capabilities at the highest level possible, we have put the following procedures in place:
- Employees are required to stay home if they are exhibiting symptoms of an illness until at least 24 hours after those symptoms have ceased. All employees have been advised of the best practices for treating virus-based illnesses published by the CDC.
- Under our health plan, employees have Teledoc access which allows them to consult with a physician over the phone/Skype/Facetime, thus getting a quicker response and avoiding waiting rooms full of people.
- Employees who may come to work exhibiting symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- All employees are required to wash their hands regularly and to clean their work areas with cleaning supplies provided for these functions. Our janitorial crews have been given more detailed instructions for thorough cleaning of commonly touched surfaces.
- Our delivery drivers will continue to make local deliveries to maintain our current levels of service. All HBP drivers are following CDC guidelines for enhanced hand sanitation and cleaning of all vehicles.
In addition to these preventative measures, HBP is developing contingency plans to maintain all production capabilities should we suffer high absenteeism in any department. These include cross-training, staff reassignment, shift reassignment, and work reassignment between our two production facilities. We have work-from-home capabilities for specific roles in our organization and the IT infrastructure to support it. We intend to use this capability only as needed but are actively expanding those capabilities should we need to move all possible employees offsite.
We will keep you informed as the situation develops.