HBP, Inc. is committed to protecting the privacy of certain data that is collected from you and that you submit when you access this website, hbp.com. The nature of our business requires that we gather and maintain information that is of a personal nature that you wish to keep protected.
Changes to this Policy. We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. In the event we make material change(s) to the Policy, we will provide notice through the Site, or other means, to provide you the opportunity to review the changes before they take effect. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site and will apply to your use of the Site after the “effective date” listed above. You understand and agree that your continued use of the Site after the effective date, means that the collection, use, and sharing of your information is subject to the updated Policy.
Except to the extent we obtain your consent or as permitted or required by applicable law, we will handle your personal information collected through the Site in accordance with the terms of the Policy in effect at the time of such collection.
Information We Collect. As you are probably aware, we may collect information from a variety of sources to operate the Site, carry out our business, comply with law and other purposes described herein.
- Information You Provide. In connection with the optional forms and download options included on the Site, you may provide data including:
- Your name
- Company Name
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
Request a Quote; Request Information
- Your name
- Company name
- Work Address
- Work Phone and Fax numbers
- Email address
Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email address
Uploading documents, your files, or completing forms. If you upload documents, your files, or complete forms on the Site, we may collect the information contained in those documents, files, or forms.
Buying/Receiving Products or Services. If you buy or receive products or services from us, we may collect the following:
- Your name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payment information (e.g. your payment card number, authentication information and other billing and account details)
- Marketing and communication preferences
- And other types of information that you choose to provide to us or that we may obtain about you.
You do not have to provide the above information to access or use the other sections of the Site.
- Information From Third Parties. We may collect information about you from third parties such as through your social media services consistent with your settings on such services, and from other third-party sources that are lawfully entitled to share your data with us. We use and share this information (and may add it to the other information we have on file for you) for the purposes described in this Policy.
- Statistical Data. To monitor utilization of the Site and continuously improve its quality, we may compile statistical information concerning the usage of the Site using analytics services, such as those provide by Google Analytics. Examples of this information would include: the number of visitors to the Site, or to sections or pages within the Site, patterns of traffic flowing through the Site, length of time spent on the Site, or in sections or pages of the Site, the other sites that refer visitors to the Site, the pages of the Site that visitors frequently use as entry and exit points, utilization of the browser and operating systems and versions used by visitors to the Site. The analytics services may transfer this information to third parties in case of a legal obligation or if a third-party processes data on behalf of that service. To compile this information, we may collect and store:
- Your IP address
- Your operating system version
- Your browser version
- The pages you visit within the Site
- The length of time you spend on pages within the Site
- The site from which you linked to ours
- Search terms you used in search engines which resulted in you linking to the Site, etc.
While all of this information can be associated with the IP address your computer had while you visited the Site, it will not be associated with you as an individual or associated with any other information you may submit through the Site, or that we may store about you for any other purposes.
You may control cookies, including preventing or stopping the installation and storage of cookies, through your browser settings and other tools. If you do so, our Site may not function correctly. Please refer to the Help feature of your browser for information on disabling cookies.
IMPORTANT: By using the Site, you consent to the processing of any personal data for the analytics purposes and functions described above.
How We Use Your Data. In general, we will use the information we collect about you only for the purpose it was collected, for compatible purposes, as permitted or required by law, as necessary to carry out our contractual duties and obligations, and as otherwise provided in this Policy. For example, we may use your data:
- To respond to your requests for information or quotes relating to our products and services.
- In connection with your employment or prospective employment. If you submit data through the Site in connection with an application for employment or as part of the onboarding process, we will use that information in connection with the employment or prospective employment relationship.
- For our research and development efforts. We use data, including public feedback, to conduct research and for the development of the Site and the services and products we provide to you.
- For other everyday business purposes. By way of example, payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, IT and website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting and legal compliance.
- To market our products or services that we think may be of interest to you. For example, to send you newsletters and promotions using any communications preferences you have expressed. We may provide these communications via email, postal mail, online advertising, social media, telephone, text message (including SMS and MMS), push notifications, in-app messaging, and other means.
How We Share Your Data. In general, we will not disclose your personal data except with your consent and as described in this Policy.
- Social Media Plugins. This Site uses social media plugins (e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit our Site, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our Site. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) while browsing our Site, the social plugins allow that social media website to share data about your activities on our Site with other users of their social media website. For example, Facebook Social Plugins allow Facebook to show your Likes and comments on our pages to your Facebook friends. Facebook Social Plugins also allow you to see your friends’ Facebook activity on our website. We do not control any of the content form the social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from other media websites you should refer to those sites’ privacy and data/information sharing statements/policies.
Safeguarding of Information. No system for safeguarding personal or other information is 100% secure and even though we have taken steps to protect your personal information from being intercepted, accessed, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons, we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption when data is transmitted over the Internet to our Site. However, again, there is no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, physical, or technical safeguards.
Do Not Track. “Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that you can set in your Internet search browser that sends a signal to a website that you do not want the website operator to track certain browsing information about you. However, because our Site is not configured to detect Do Not Track signals from a user’s computer, we are unable to respond to Do Not Track requests.
This Site does not collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different Web sites when a consumer uses our Site or service.
Links to Third Parties’ Sites. We may provide links to websites or resources outside of our Site for your informational purposes only. You acknowledge and agree we are not responsible for the availability of such sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, goods, services or other materials on, available through or provided by such sites or resources. We are not responsible for the privacy or other practices of such sites and cannot guarantee the security of any of your personal information that you provide or may be collected by such sites. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and terms and conditions on those linked sites.
Information of Children. The Site is not directed to children as the products and services on this Site are intended for persons 18 years of age and older. The Company does not knowingly collect, use or disclose any personal information from children. If you are concerned about your child’s use of the Site, you may use web-filtering technology to supervise or limit access to the Site.
Retention. We retain your personal data only for the period of time needed to fulfill the purposes stated in this Policy.
Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. You can always limit the information you provide to us, but if you choose not to provide certain requested information, you may be unable to access some of the services, offers, and content on the Site. You can also limit the communications that we may send you by contacting us here at firstname.lastname@example.org or following a simple opt-out or unsubscribe process. Simply follow the instructions in our newsletter/advertisement/promotional emails to opt-out of receiving, or unsubscribe from, future marketing communications.
How to Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding this Policy, your privacy, or our policies in the event of a compromise of your information, you may contact us at:
952 Frederick St.
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740
email@example.com (301) 733-2000